Bharat Online
Bharat Online
Punjab TourismAmritsar TempleGolden Temple, AmritsarGolden Temple, Amritsar

Patiala experiences four typical seasons in a year - summer, winter, monsoon & post-monsoon. Explore information on the weather and climate of Patiala.

Patiala Weather

Patiala WeatherPatiala, like any other place in Punjab, experiences extreme summer and winter season. The weather of the district can be mainly classified as tropical steppe, semi-arid and hot. Patiala is dry mostly throughout the year, except for the monsoon season, when it receives heavy downpours. Patiala has four distinct seasons, all of which have been discussed below. Read on to explore complete information on the weather and climate of Patiala.

The summer season in Patiala begins around the mid of March and lasts till the end of June. May and June are the hottest months of the year and the temperature usually goes as high as 40.4oC in these months.

The south-west monsoon brings rain in the month of July and lasts till the end of August. Monsoon comes as a great relief from the scorching heat of the summer. The annual rainfall of the district 677mm, unevenly distributed over the area. The south-west monsoon contributes 81% of the total rainfall in the area. Remaining 19% rainfall is received during non-monsoon period, in the wake of western disturbances and thunderstorms. Generally, rainfall in the district increases from south-west to north-east.

The transition period from September to the end of October forms the post-monsoon season in Patiala. The intensity of rainfall decrease around this time and there is a gradual decline in the temperature.

Patiala experiences a chilly winter season, from the month of November till mid- March. Weather is pleasant during this time and it serves as the ideal time to visit Patiala. Temperature is as low as 7oC in the month of December and January. In extreme cases, it even comes down to 2oC . The atmosphere is chilly and frost is a common occurrence.

Request a Quote for Punjab Tour

(* represents compulsory fields)
Hotel Category:*
Approximate Budget:
Start Date:*
End Date:*
No. of Persons: Adults:                   Children: 
Rooms Required: Single:      Double:     Triple: 
Cities/Destinations you would like to travel:
Any Preferences:
Contact Information:
Your Name:*
Your E-Mail:*
Nationality Indian Resident   Non Indian Resident
Phone: Include Country/Area Code
Fax: Include Country/Area Code
Street Address:
Zip/Postal Code:

Copyright ©