Tourist Guides In West Bengal
- Always hire a tourist guide who is registered with Government and has a valid license number.
- Either hire the guides from registered agencies with fix slabs or fix the price beforehand, in order to avoid any hassle late on.
- You should pay a handsome tip to the guide, if you are pleased with his services. However, avoid being extravagant.
- Never handle any expensive item or any important document, like passport and visa, to the guides. They might misplace them or, in the worst case, flee away with them.
- It is advisable for you to not be rude with the tourist guide and treat him with respect. At the same time, avoid being extra friendly.
- Agree with your guide's suggestions only when you feel comfortable with them. Avoid going to complete unknown and lonely place with him, alone.
- Avoid carrying too many expensive items with you while on a tour. Even if you do, do not show-off these things in front of your guide.