Check out tips for handling tourist guides in
Kerala and know how to deal with them.
When visiting any place as a tourist, it is best to
hire a guide for sight seeing. Tourist guides in Kerala are easily
available round the clock and charge a nominal amount for their
services. You can always ask your hotel to arrange a Kerala tourist
guide for you. Usually these guides are well conversed in English and
other local languages. Some guides can even speak French, Spanish and
German. However, there are certain precautions that one must keep in
mind while hiring these guides. Check out these helpful tips for
handling Kerala guides.
- Always fix an amount that is to be given to the guide for his
services. Do not pay him the entire amount in advance. Keep a small
amount to be given as advance.
- You are not required to give tips to guides. However, if the
service has been exceptionally good, you can tip a small amount.
- Do not be fully at the mercy of the guide. Be alert. Ask for
information and other help if required. Do not let them take you for
granted. Remember, you are paying for the service.
- Do not flash your money in front of the guide or give him your
credit card or other personal belongings.
- Try to use your intuition about a place the guide is taking you
to. If you feel something is fishy, do not go there.