Tipping is an essential part of your travel
plans. Here are some useful tips for giving tips in your Tamilnadu
Every region in the world has a different tipping
culture. It is very important to know at hand the local tipping customs
of the place/region/city you are traveling to. Like any other place in
India, tipping in the state of Tamilnadu is quite commonplace. Though
the custom of giving tips is almost fixed but the amount of tip to be
given depends upon the type and quality of services rendered. The
following write up on tipping in Tamilnadu will come handy when you
travel to Tamilnadu in India.
- While visiting hotels and good restaurants, you must remember
that a tip of around 10-15 percent of the total bill is customary
and be given to the waiters. In case you are visiting a not so good
restaurant, it is advised that you give between 10-20 rupees,
depending upon the type of services.
- Home stays are gaining popularity in India and if you happen to
stay at someone's house, it is expected that you give a tip to the
domestic servants before saying goodbye. It should, however, be done
in consultation with your host.
- You are expected to give Tips to the porter as well as the room
service personnel, at the time of your departure.
- As you will be spending lots of time in a hired taxi for your
sightseeing etc, it's a good practice to give a tip to the driver.
- You can't do sightseeing without a good tourist guide so make
sure to give a tip to the tourist guide.