Brahmins are a group of priestly people. They have the main occupation of worshipping and performance of religious rites.
The business community is generally referred to as the Vaishyas.
Apart from these castes, there are also a number of agricultural castes in Rajasthan. Depending on agriculture for their livelihood, these people come under the castes Jat, Gurjar, Mali, Kalvi, etc.
A number of tribes, having their own customs and traditions, are found in Rajasthan. Amongst the various tribes of Rajasthan, India, the most known one are:
- Minas/Minawati (found in Alwar, Jaipur, Bharatpur and Dholpur)
- Meo and Banjara (the traveling tribes)
- Gadia Lohar (smiths)
- Bhils (found in Bhilwara, Chittorgarh, Dungarpur, Banswara, Udaipur, and Sirohi)
- Grasia (found in Mewar region)
- Kathodi (found in Mewar region)
- Sahariyas (found in Kota region)
- Rabaris (cattle breeders, found in Marwar region)
The most famous community of Rajasthan consists of the Marwaris. Their main occupation relates to trading and business. Marwaris further include the sub castes, namely Mahajans, Sarawagis, Porals, Shrimals, Shrishrimals, Agarwals, Maheswaaris, Vijayvargias, Sunlas, Bohres, Pheriwalas, Baldias and Lohias.