This article comprises some guidelines for
tipping in Andhra Pradesh. Check out tipping rules & guidelines
for Andhra Pradesh.
Like other parts of India, tipping has become quite
common in Andhra Pradesh too. Moreover, tipping is regarded as an
important part of social etiquette. Sometimes, it is especially expected
from an individual to grant tips at certain places. It is not a
compulsion, yet it has become a standard practice to give tips for
proficient services by waiters, guides, porters, room-service boys,
cabbies, etc. The amount of tip entirely depends on your wish and there
is no particular rate as such. However in big cities, people generally
offer generous tips as compared to small towns. Some tipping rules and
guidelines have been mentioned in the following points.
- While eating out at a hotel, a tip of approx 10 -15 % is
anticipated by waiters. In restaurants, the tip could vary between
10-20 rupees, depending upon the class of the ambiance.
- At the time of check-out from hotel or guesthouse, tips are
expected by the gatekeeper as well as the room service staff.
- In case you are taking the services of a tourist guide, don't
forget to give him a reasonable tip.
- If you have hired a taxi for a number of days, a tip ranging
between 50-100 rupees is expected by the driver.
- If you are staying at someone's place, their household servant
should be given a tip before departure. In such a case, first
consult your host about giving a tip and then grant accordingly.