Rather than bargaining with a tourist guide yourself, it is always better to request the place/hotel where you stay to arrange a tourist guide for you. Usually, the tourist guides of Andhra Pradesh are conversant in languages like English, Hindi, Telugu, etc. So, communicating with them would not be a problem. Despite the fact that these guides are reliable, one should be cautious while moving around with them. Here are given some tips for handling tourist guide in Andhra Pradesh.
- Try not to open your luggage in front of a tourist guide. While touring various places, always prefer carrying minimum luggage.
- Keep only the required amount of money, that too in loose currency, with you. Don't show your money or cash before them.
- Don't divulge your personal details (like the amount of cash you are carrying, etc.) to them.
- Don't hand over your credit cards, cheques and other valuables to them.
- Keep a formal distance from them and don't allow them to dominate you or take you for granted.
- Don't tip very frequently and too generously. At the end of the trip, give a generous tip, provided that you are satisfied with the services.